Campus Farmer Conversations is a series of webinars (short for web-based seminars) by campus farmers for campus farmers. These webinars are opportunities to discuss both the unique opportunities and challenges involved with growing food on college campuses. Each webinar features a presentation from a campus farmer and focuses on their particular area of expertise — from topics like planning on-farm workshops to managing leadership transitions and establishing relationships with campus dining services. Participants are encouraged to share comments and questions throughout the presentation in addition to during the discussion session at the end of the webinar.
Webinars will take place every couple of months and will be archived on this page.
How to participate:
Fill out this form to get on the email list for our newsletter and to receive invitations to future Campus Farmer Conversations. (We promise no more than 1 or 2 emails a month.) On the day of the webinar, you will need a computer with an internet connection and a phone. To join the webinar, click on the link provided in the newsletter (or below) and call in to the event on your phone when prompted. You’ll see a presentation on your computer screen and hear the presenter’s voice on the phone.
If you would like more information about the Campus Farmer Conversations webinar series or are interested in being a featured presenter, please email CampusFarmers@gmail.com.
- Check back soon!
Past webinars (available for watching/listening):
- Success Stories in Campus Farm Management featuring Sarah Edmonds, Metzgar Environmental Projects Coordinator and Manager of LaFarm, the Community Garden and Working Farm at Lafayette College, Devin Ingersoll, Outreach Coordinator at the Farm at Stonehill College and Dylan Bruce, student at Occidental College and President of the FEAST Garden (February 2015)
- Passionate about Produce? Share the Love through Gleaning co-hosted with the Food Recovery Network (FRN). Presenters: Marlene Haggeblade, FRN Member Support Fellow, Renata Robles, FRN @ Brown University, and Manuel Marin and Rose Cardoso from the FRN @ Fresno State. (October 2014)
- Animal Husbandry 101. Presenter: Michial Russell, Pearson’s Town Farm at St. Joseph’s College of Maine (March 2014)
- Institutional Roots: Gaining Support from Your College Administration. Presenters: Allyson Green and Becca Liebschutz, University of Michigan Sustainable Food Program (December 2013)
- From Workshops to Speed Weeding: Planning Creative Events at Your Campus Farm. Presenter: Emily McGinty, Duke Campus Farm Fellow (October 2013)